Friday, August 12, 2011

Trivia Time...

This question was in the San Diego Union Tribune sports page today:

On June 3, 1995, Montreal Expos pitcher Pedro Martinez retired the first 27 Padres he faced in a game that was tied 0-0 after nine innings. Who broke up Martinez's perfect game in the bottom of the 10th inning?

(First one to answer correctly in the comments section will win a custom (online) baseball card of their choosing.)

Unrelated Side Note: It was also mentioned a few pages later that Tony Gwynn was one hit short of hitting for the cycle (something my Padres have NEVER done) twenty two times...



5 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

Bip Roberts Baby!

Mark Aubrey said...

That would be Bip Roberts.

Wait, Captain Canuck has an unnatural advantage, being Canadian and all.

PunkRockPaint said...

Great work Canuckster and Mark! You both chose the correct (and most obvious answer.)

I'm in a custom card making mood, so you both win!!!

What would you like as your custom cards?

Captain Canuck said...

This is awesome... alright my friend. Let's see how good you are. (I already know you're better than the card companies)
How about either an Adam LaRoche or a Chipper Jones done in a '53 Topps style.
As Braves of course... you pick the player.

Mark Aubrey said...

Thanks. I was thinking of a Don Bollweg in anything junk waxy but I think I'll request any Negro League player in any style you'd like. Yeah, that makes it a bit easier for you, but I don't want to MSPaint you into a corner.

Thanks.