Sunday, February 19, 2012

Star Wars: The Retro Card Set...

I went to the movies this afternoon... Yup. Star Wars - The Phantom Menace in 3D. That movie was tough to sit through again, despite the added dimension. It effectively crushed my love of Star Wars. I think this will be my last Star Wars card for a while.

On the bright side, I found Jar Jar Binks slightly less annoying than young Anakin Skywalker this time around. Man, that poor kid couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Don't get me wrong, Jar Jar is still annoying as hell...

PRP Star Wars - #44 Jar Jar Binks


File this one under: Wishful Thinking



1 comment:

Jason T. Carter said...

I have actually come to like TPM over the years. Keep in mind that Star Wars was originally made for kids, and kids love little furry Ewoks and unintelligent Gungans. With that in mind, Jar Jar is somewhat tolerable.

Although I do wish he had been taken care of by the Jedi too.

Have you seen the video game that has him frozen in carbonite? That was pretty awesome.

JT, The Writer's Journey

(PS - I'm running a contest on my blog for a free Boba Fett USB flash drive. Just a heads-up.)