Thursday, May 21, 2009

Refreshingly beautiful... (Warning Music Content)

While diligently focusing on my duties at work, I found something so wonderful that I needed to share it with the 7.5 readers (based on daily average) of this blog.


Michael Reed is a (former?) member of one of my favorite bands, The Smart Brothers. (They have made their way into a couple of previous posts.) Today, I was lucky to stumble onto his music page. It looks like he is working on an album. Hopefully, it arrives sooner rather than later. The one song that he currently has posted is absolutely beautiful. I listened to it on repeat for the better part of an hour this morning.



Having witnessed Mr. Reed play several instruments at live shows, I was a little disheartened to read that he only played acoustic piano, upright bass, electric bass, drumset, electric guitar, steel string guitar, 12 string guitar, percussion, organ, Rhodes keyboard, Mellotron, MicroKorg synthesizer, banjo, ukulele, and egg shaker on the recording... What? No tuba?!? Come on, Mike! Get with the program...

1 comment:

Michael Reed said...

thank you. this image would be right in the imagery of that song. except maybe clint eastwood in there instead of me.