Monday, April 27, 2009

LOST... The Retro Baseball Card Set

The set has TRIPLED in size since my last post!!! Check out the Ben Linus card over on the Hamiltonian! Sweet!

I found this card mixed in with my 1977 oddball cards:
PRP LOST - Juliet #2


A lot of the detail is "LOST" when I look at the card on the scan. When I zoom in you can really see the awesome 3D effect that Kelloggs was able to pull off back in the 70s...

I have attempted this effect before in MS Paint. It turns out pretty cool. You can see a little bit in the upper right hand corner of my blog header. The original card is the Alex Woodard from the 2008 PunkRockPaint San Diego Artists card set. It looked a little like this:


2 comments:

beardy said...

nice detail. no idea how you did that but it looks spot on.

Matt Flaten said...

Don't know if you've seen my little side project: http://heartbreakingoriginals.blogspot.com/

Cards #2, 3, and 4 are Lost cards for Charlie, Ben, and the Smoke Monster.