Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Found: '53 Topps #267 Richie Ashburn...

One of the most fascinating blogs I read on a regular basis is The Topps Archives. For a history buff/baseball card geek, reading it is like watching fireworks on the Fourth of July. Oooooohhhhhh! Aaaaaaahhhhh! A little while back, there was a post about the six missing cards from the 1953 Topps baseball set. There are some amazing pictures of the unused artwork that would have likely been used for the missing cards. I enjoyed reading the speculation behind the contract issues, trades, demotions, etc. that led to these six cards not being issued.

I figured it is about time I get to work patching the holes in the '53 set:

1953 Topps - #267 Richie Ashburn


I'll get around to the backs eventually.

2 comments:

Matthew Glidden said...

Top notch work, sir. Those paintings make perfect subjects!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very fine work, my friend. You have truly outdone yourself.