Thursday, May 28, 2020

Loyalized Crests: The Prequel

     Last year I joined The Locals Supporters Group in anticipation of the inaugural season of the San Diego Loyal Soccer Club in the USL Championship (2nd div.). I was nominated for, and accepted a position in leadership. My position has come to be Director of Art and Creative (because I draw stuff.)

     We got one official home match in before the Coronavirus pandemic forced the halt to the season. A lot of work from a lot of great people went into that first match. When we were forced into isolation, it left us wanting more.

     I have made some large scale tifosi (displays of support) since the lock-down started, but I wanted something I could share to inspire others with a love for SD Loyal (or help spread the love to new fans.) In isolation, there has been a lot of Netflix going on in my household. "Sunderland Til I Die" was an early watch. When I finished, I commemorated the viewing with a little redesign of the Sunderland AFC crest. I liked it so much, I made a t-shirt (on purple to match my favorite Loyal keeper kit.)

Here's the crest (I'll update as regularly as I can.):


Here is the original for reference:

No comments: