Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Congratulations! And The Winner Is...

My man, Doc, from Baseball Card Recollections was the first to correctly put the cards in order. It is nice to know that a fellow Padres fan was the first to solve the puzzle. It is scary to think that a fellow Padres fan's mind could possibly follow my bizzare train of thought.

A Rolling Stone
Gathers

No
(mas) Moss
 Grows (Gros)

on the
 North side of a
 Tree
 Falls in the
 Forest
does it make a
 Sound
 and Fury signifying
 Nothing (Get it Hall or Nothing...)

 (two) to Snee(ze)
 at (@).

A rolling stone gathers no moss grows on the north side of a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound and fury signifying nothing to sneeze at.

Well done, Doc! I am impressed... and frightened.

Honorable mentions go to Mark of Mark's Ephemera (for his rationale that was slightly more bizzare than mine), and dogfacedgremlin (who was within a couple of cards as early as the night of the post.) Tim (d.f.g.) even deleted a comment he made, asking if I meant to post two Chris Snee cards. He was definitely the first to be on the right track!

2 comments:

TheRealDFG said...

Great job, Doc. I couldn't figure out that stinking Magic card. Otherwise I bet I would have had it.

Mark Aubrey said...

I'd like to thank the Academy for recognizing my talents. I'd like to thank Travis for recognizing that my rationale is more bizarre than his.

I'll be at Tower Records at the mall, signing from 8 to 9 this evening.

Thank you.

Verification Word: averched

Move along, Mr. Ephemera, you've averched your 15 minutes of fame. About half an hour ago.